Thursday, March 12, 2015

And so it's begun.

The moment I got out of college, I knew then and there I HAD to do something creative with my time and profession. And so, I've been taking on projects for various rates. To me, money isn't any object more than me just being there to do filming. It's the drive to excel that makes me want to film—I want to be out where the people are. Good thing there's at least a video production outfit or two starting up in and around Columbus (Believe me, we've come a long way since the early days of Damon Zex and Squirtman).

To prove it, here's a few projects I've collaborated on:


"HE DON'T OWN THE SUN" (with GingerATTACK! Video Productions)
Last Earth Day, I had the opportunity to accompany video producer/editor Julie Schatz, owner of GingerATTACK! Video Productions (which she started just one block over and down the street with T.J. Hansen, who owns the Midwest Photo Exchange, on North High Street), to Sonic Lounge Studios in Grove City. There we filmed a music video of a song written by local singer-songwriter Jenny Morgan, which was meant to teach its listeners/viewers about the dangers of fracking and finding new solutions to preserve our earth's energy.


GRANVILLE CANDLELIGHT WALKING TOUR (with the Granville Area Chamber of Commerce)
Under the guidance of one of my parents' friends, Steve Matheny (executive director of said institution), I put together a montage highlighting the sights and sounds of one of Granville's holiday celebrations, held every first Saturday in December. This involved various performers, activities, displays, and of course, Santa and Mrs. Claus' arrival via fire truck.

But I know beyond all belief, that with ANY project I may undertake with clients like these, there will be other projects waiting—and I want to try and get a piece of the action as best I can.

Again, if there's anything I can lend a hand (or camera, in this case) with, see the first message for contact info.

No comments:

Post a Comment